Show all playlists that include the current video

< Feedback on Dailymotion: "Included By" Feature

Question/comment

David TosoAuthor
§
Posted: 2014-09-27

Dailymotion changes to data API.

Please note - 27/Sep/2014

It looks like Dailymotion have made an (unannounced) change to their data APIs, which will affect some/many users of this UserScript:

• They've changed the /video/xxxxxx/playlists/ API such that if the video has been marked by Dailytion/users as "explicit" (requires Age Gate cookie) then the Data API will NOT return any playlists.
  • This is a change from the previous behaviour whereby the playlists would be returned and an "explicit" flag would be set in the response.

The upshot is that if you were using this script to "explore" videos related to those marked "explicit", this UserScript will not work anymore. There also appears to be no other way to access this data.

If you were using this UserScript for videos not marked "explicit" then nothing will have changed.

David TosoAuthor
§
Posted: 2014-09-27

It seems the Android app can still access these playlists, so I'm investigating alternate sources of data. It may be that one now needs an API key.... I'll update with my findings.

§
Posted: 2014-09-28

Thanks for checking this! I'm waiting for updates

David TosoAuthor
§
Posted: 2014-10-03

The API changes affect both /video//playlists/ and /playlist//videos.

I tried using oauth2 and a brand new API key. While that works, it makes all the request look like they're coming from one user -- quickest way to get banned I'm thinking.

The Android APP does it's entire conversation with the API inside TLS. That makes it basically impossible to determine (by inspecting traffic on my network) how it gets the data differently. I presume it uses oauth2 and an app-specific API key.

I'm looking into running the Android APP on a hacked version of the android emulator to see if I can intercept the traffic at the HTTP library level (before it gets sent via the encrypted socket) -- ideally, if my UserScript can do exactly what the APP does, then it shouldn't run into any problems :-)

I also found a few more sources of data, but they're not immediately useful for the task at hand...

http://www.dailymotion.com/playlists/1

This is a paginated list of all playlists as they're created, newest first. The pagination stops at a certain point, but you can still go to very high numbers by changing the URL directly.

http://www.dailymotion.com/map-videofull-16569.xml.gz

The numbering scheme is a 00001 to 99999. At the time of writing the latest available file was 16569. Some files are 800KB when unzipped. This is literally every video ever posted in the history of Dailymotion. It makes no mention of playlists however. It seems to be used as a Google sitemap.

David TosoAuthor
§
Posted: 2014-10-03
Edited: 2014-10-03

--- dupe comment --

§
Posted: 2014-10-09

That sucks! I knew the only reason they got rid of playlists was to stop people searching for nude videos, and this just proves it! What the hell is their problem?!

§
Posted: 2014-11-30

It sounds unlikely that there's a solution, but it never hurts to ask- any new developments on fixing this script? Thanks for all your help in the past, David.

Sign in to post a reply.