Text Highlighter - Dynamic

Highlights User-defined Text

< Feedback on Text Highlighter - Dynamic

Question/comment

§
Posted: 2024-05-10

Hi, I am not a programmer nor do I have any experience in programming or script writing, I am trying to use this script to help me highlight some words, however I have no idea how or where to add the keywords. I see the lines where it says 'keywords' 'word1, word2, word3' and i would assume, being an idiot i can only be, this would be where i enter my keywords but i have replaced, changed and tried everything i can think of, again i have ZERO knowledge on this, could it be possible for a better explination on how and where, one would enter the keywords. It did say "Click on drop-down triangle next to the GreaseMonkey Icon" "User Scripts Commands..." but this triangle does not exist nor does it say userscript commands anywhere, i can go in to edit the script but again i have no knowledge on this kind of stuff, pleae can you highlight what and where i need to change in order for this script to work. Thank you.

§
Posted: 2024-05-10
Edited: 2024-05-10

Hmm, thank you for pointing out this problem.

Greasemonkey changed its API in 2017 and stopped supporting monkey menu items like the ones used by this script. I see from the Greasespot website that it was added back (after I stopped paying attention). Still, there are several code edits needed, it's not a simple find-and-replace.

You can test the script as written in Violentmonkey or Tampermonkey.

I just added a Compatibility Note to the Info for this script about this issue.

Sign in to post a reply.