YouTube - whitelist channels in Adblock Plus

Helps whitelist YouTube channels in Adblock Plus

< Feedback on YouTube - whitelist channels in Adblock Plus

Question/comment

§
Posted: 2014-11-26

Doesn't work

Tried to use it with AdBlock Plus. Did everything correctly (username ID thing, added filter, etc), but I'm still seeing no ads on the videos for my specific content creator.

If you need me to provide any coding/other info, I might be able to do that.

§

What video are you trying to watch? Do you see &user=… at the end of the URL in the address bar? If yes, then the script is working as intended and there's nothing I can alter to fix whatever problem you're having.

What is the exact filter you added to Adblock Plus?
Is Adblock Plus disabled on the video page (the icon should be monochrome)?
If you disable the script, then Adblock Plus in the Extensions manager, then load the video in a new tab, can you see the ads?

§
What video are you trying to watch? Do you see &user=… at the end of the URL in the address bar? If yes, then the script is working as intended and there's nothing I can alter to fix whatever problem you're having.

What is the exact filter you added to Adblock Plus?
Is Adblock Plus disabled on the video page (the icon should be monochrome)?
If you disable the script, then Adblock Plus in the Extensions manager, then load the video in a new tab, can you see the ads?

So it's now working, but now the page auto-refreshes right before the video plays. How do I fix this?

§
Posted: 2014-11-27

Sorry, there's no way around a page reload. To add &user=… you're actually navigating to a new URL. On my system, the difference isn't noticeable, but this will differ depending on your Internet connection speed and browser cache size.

Also, at the moment it looks like the Adblock Plus developers haven't found a way to avoid a page reload either, for when this feature will eventually be included. You can read the technical details on the Adblock Plus issue tracker if you're interested:
https://issues.adblockplus.org/ticket/1254

Sign in to post a reply.