Prevent Peacock Autoplay

Automatically clicks the cancel button to prevent Peacock from automatically playing the next episode.

< Σχολιασμός για τον κώδικα Prevent Peacock Autoplay

Ερώτηση/σχόλιο

§
Δημοσιεύτηκε: 01/01/2022

Hey there, thanks for this. I've been using 0.1 right along (it was still working), but 0.2 isn't, at least in Firefox, Windows (TamperMonkey). I assume it is for you though in whatever you're using. Did 0.1 stop working for you? If so, we would appear to have had the opposite experiences.

mmcev106Δημιουργός
§
Δημοσιεύτηκε: 16/06/2022

I just now saw this (and enabled notifications for future questions/comments). Let me know if you'd still benefit from this working in Firefox, and I'll look into it.

§
Δημοσιεύτηκε: 07/05/2024

This stopped working for me in chrome

mmcev106Δημιουργός
§

I can't test this as don't have Peacock at the moment. I've since created this script. Does it work for you?

https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/479417-universal-autoplay-stopper

§

It does but I prefer the way this one works. Looks like the elements changed name? Any advice how to find the new ones?

mmcev106Δημιουργός
§

I don't really have any advice besides open the developer tools and start digging... One of the reasons I made the universal version is because the service specific solutions kept breaking. What do you prefer about the way this one worked? Maybe I can update the universal one to work similarly.

§
Δημοσιεύτηκε: 08/05/2024

I prefer that it stay on the current video and pause. The other way is to stop the new video from starting playing.

§

ok I fixed it, but the cancel button class looks like a random string to me... It worked on two different episodes though.

Is the best way to share it posting it here?

mmcev106Δημιουργός
§

Sure, if you want to post the code here, I'll post an update.

§

setInterval(function(){
var cancelButton = document.querySelector('button.S6BR20Vw1M.ZKBWRozpiO.SoJnxZJ4kf.Q7kJNwNRy8._2bebIwdTfh.byCvCOy5e8.Iz1orrCZgR')
if(cancelButton !== null){
var pauseButton = document.querySelector('button.play-pause[aria-label="Pause"]')
if(pauseButton !== null){
pauseButton.click()
}
}
}, 500)

mmcev106Δημιουργός
§

Hmmm, that does look like a random string... Is it actually consistent across different shows? Even if it is, it might change on their next site update. For a reliable solution, my gut says we'll have to select it in a way that doesn't use that string.

Δημοσίευση απάντησης

Συνδεθείτε για να δημοσιεύσετε μια απάντηση.