AO3 Re-read Savior: Bookmark tracker, Rekudos converter & Mark for Later+Subscribe buttons at BOP

Userscripts for an optimized and efficient AO3 experience, particularly rereading. This includes automatically populating bookmark notes with fic title, author, workID and summary alongside whatever existing bookmark notes. Also adds tags based on word count and fic completion status. Converts re-clicks of the Kudos button into a "rekudos" comment. Adds the "subscribe" and "mark for later/mark as read" buttons to the end of the fic.

< Commentaires sur AO3 Re-read Savior: Bookmark tracker, Rekudos converter & Mark for Later+Subscribe buttons at BOP

Question / commentaire

§
Posté le: 2023-11-13

I've enabled this script in tampermonkey, but while the bookmark function is automatically adding the information in the bookmark comments, the auto-tagging function isn't working for marking WIP/word count, and I can't figure out how to add my own regular automatic tags from the comments in the code. Sorry to bother you with this, but I have absolutely no experience in code, and I would love to understand what I need to do to get this script working!

§

Are you reading entire works or chapter by chapter? I noticed the WIP autotagging didn't work when reading chapter by chapter.

No worries about bothering me! Let me know if switching to entire work helps or if there's something else going on that I need to think up.

§

That worked! Thank you so much, I appreciate the help =)

§

I'm happy that fix worked! You can set AO3 to default to entire works in settings as well.

If I ever get it working when on single chapters (which would be nice when you get a chapter update from a subscribed work and are just reading that chapter) I'll comment on this thread again to let you know. But keeps your expectations low- I've only ever taken one coding class (on a different language) and I barely passed. Like, got a 34/100 on the final after the curve 🤣

§
Posté le: 2024-05-09

So far this works great when making new bookmarks. It doesn't add the work info to the notes when I update existing bookmarks though. Is there a way to update all my existing bookmarks with the work title/author automatically? Also, could you automatically add the fandom to the tag or notes area so we'll know the fandom of the fic if it's deleted? Thank you!

Poster une réponse

Connectez-vous pour poster une réponse.